Sweet potato is quite special and different; and it is known to be better than the normal potato we often eat. It’s known to be very high in nutritional value with lots of fiber, complex carbs, protein, vitamins A and C, iron, calcium and antioxidants. I used to not like the taste that much, but I’ve gradually learned to appreciate it. Sometimes it’s just a matter of getting accustomed to food we don’t love at first ‘sight’ (taste).
I’ve always made potatoes and leek soups, but I wanted to use sweet potatoes more in my diet. Therefore, while I was browsing through some recipes online, I found this one and I decided to give it a try. It surely tastes different, with a tinge of sweetness, which not everyone will like, but I think the taste is very special! =)
Sweet Potatoes, Leek, Parsley, Broth, Salt & Pepper, chilli powder
- Put the sweet potatoes, leeks, parsley, salt, pepper, and broth in a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are soft (30-45 mins)
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool a bit
- Transfer the soup mixture to a blender and purée
- Re-heat the soup on a low setting and serve
Check out the 9 Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes!