- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium heads of brocoli, cut into florets
- 1 bunch Chinese brocoli, trimmed
- 2 tbps of light soy sauce
- 1 tbp cornstarch
- 1 tbp of superfine sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbp of toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil until almost smoking.
- Stir-fry the brocolis for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and garlic.
- Add the mixture to the brocoli.
- Cook over gentle heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce
- thickens slightly.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with the sesame seeds, and serve