2015 is here and I thought I would try ‘making a comeback’ by posting more regularly (maybe weekly or bi-weekly). In the past year or so, I have been posting my food pictures mainly on Instagram (among all other photos I take in my daily life). That said, with the new year come the New Year’s resolutions, including eating healthier, being more organized and disciplined.
The first recipe of the year is “Sweet Potato Nachos” inspired by one of Oh My Veggies‘ weekly meatless plans. I first made this last year, and I remember it was quite flavourful. Then I kind of forgot about it, until recently. This is a very easy dish to make, as a snack, or a simple meal. You can customize it with your preferred toppings, and you can also decide on how much topping you want to use.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- A can of black beans
- Celery, chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Toss the thinly sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes (in single layer preferably) in a baking pan and put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes turn brown and crispy, you can flip them so that the other side also cooks well.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the celery, black beans and cheese on top.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Take the pan out and top with remaining shredded cheese, avocado, green onions and sour cream.
Enjoy and Happy New Year!