Well well well… Haven’t been cooking much lately because of my hectic schedule; and when I did, I didn’t spend time writing down the recipe or taking any pictures. So, to make up for it, here’s another simple and easy recipe. It’s called Ants Climbing a Tree in one of my recipe books, but it’s essentially stir-fried vermicelli with ground meat and chilli bean paste.
On another note, I’m going back home for a month in a few weeks, and I plan to learn a lot recipes from my Dad, who is a great Chef and my Mom who is a “health freak”! 😀 I definitely will be documenting everything in photos and in writing and hope to publish more posts in the next few months to share with the world!
- 4 oz/115 g ground pork
- 4oz/115 g ground beef
- 3 tsp light soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chilli bean sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3/4 cup hot chicken stock
- 5 oz/140 g thin rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and drained
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Combine the ground meats with 1 teaspoon of the light soy sauce and the salt.
- In a preheated wok or deep pan, heat the oil and cook the ground meats until they begin to brown.
- Add the chilli bean paste and stir rapidly.
- Stir in the dark soy sauce.
- Pour in the chicken stock, noodles and remaining light soy sauce.
- Cover the work or pan and simmer for about 5-8 minutes, or until the pan is dry.
- Shake the pan but do not stir.
- Toss in the scallions and serve.